Monday, August 29, 2016

we.are.spartan

 Second week of school and we're booking it to the mountains for the first time since spring. We have big plans to drink, hike and compete!
Dinner Friday night at The Brewer's Bakery. mmm.....gluten!

We hiked to Lily Pad Lake with Ashley and Eric. Its a perfect distance for the kids and Trinity.


Sunday morning, Ashley and I were ready for the Breckenridge Spartan Sprint.  

After a long climb up the mountain and over some walls we cooled off going through a lake and then burned our arms with the bucket brigade, atlas carry, sand bag carry and Hercules hoist. 



I crawled under some barbed wire, and got over the Stairway to Spartan and the 8 foot wall (with Ashley's help)


Back down the mountain we saw the slip wall, dunk wall, barbed wire roll, and the finish line! 




5 Miles, 18 obstacles and 2 hours 51 minutes.

When Ashley and I were done, we all watched Kellen race in his 1/2 mile obstacle course. So cute and so much fun for him!! 


 















Such a fun weekend, LOVE the Spartan. Can't wait for the next one!  

No comments: