Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jae's Two Months Old!

Jae is two months old today!
Jae has been full of smiles recently. She is awake more and more and enjoys staring at her mobile, activity mat, and the world around her. If she's awake and fussing, she likes to sit up and see what's going on. I love seeing her smile and hearing her coo at me. We are still pretty lucky with her sleep. She has been falling asleep with us watching TV around 9 and we put her down at 10. She wakes up anytime between 5 and 7 am to eat and then will go back to sleep for a few hours. Other than that, she is on absolutely no schedule what so ever. It is starting to drive me nuts because it is hard to plan our outings around feedings but I am nursing on demand and winging it. Jae seems to nurse a lot when we are around the house but can go 2-3 hours when we are running around and she is sleeping in the car or in a wrap. She still cluster feeds between 6 and 9 pm. I am very hesitant to leave her at night because of this so for now, I will only leave her during the day. We are working very hard on getting her to take a bottle. She gets a few ounces every night and gets very angry before she gives in and drinks it. I was encouraged Tuesday when she drank 4 oz for Grandma T. while I was getting my hair cut. Hopefully by August she will be more willing to take her meals from a bottle. Jae eats so much that she is constantly spitting up. I warn everyone who wants to hold her to watch out. I'm not concerned because she isn't fussy when it happens and I know she's still getting plenty to eat it just makes for many outfit changes for her and I every day.

Jae is so strong! She is an escape artist and can wiggle free of any type of swaddle apparatus we have. She can move her body around by kicking. She is able to hold her head up while in our laps but isn't quite ready to sit in the Bumbo. 

 Kellen is adjusting much better. We've kind of got our routine down and he is understanding what Jae needs and can be seen rocking her, giving her a pacifier, and talking to her to calm her down. He doesn't want to hug or kiss her, I don't think he likes being told to do so but does ask to hold her. When Kellen is being clingy or seems to be annoyed, we let him play games on the iPad which makes everything better. Kellen is very into identifying things that a "big boy" does and things that a "baby" does. He constantly wants to be reassured that he is a big boy. We have been using this to help with potty training because he doesn't want to wear diapers like a baby. While I don't want to give him a complex, he will pee on the toilet if I threaten to put him in a diaper. I'll take it, it makes for less diapers to change every day. 

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Love that baby chub!
Happy 2 months!