Saturday, March 31, 2012

Scottsdale!

We spent much of our week in Arizona eating. Kellen did not disappoint and devoured food wherever we took him. I am actually concerned about how many beans he can eat in one sitting at a mexican restaurant. His new thing is to shove a ton of food in at one time, like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (see below).

 We went to the Rockies vs White Sox game on Wednesday. The stadium is nice and was perfect for having kids but man was it HOT! We will have to work on Kellen's Rockies gear this spring/summer.


At the Railroad Park again. It was within walking distance and you pass a Starbucks on the way. We made it there three times, the playground was so perfect for Kellen and he got to ride a train and carosel.


"Where it go?"
 Hanging around the house...riding the big wheel, swimming, blowing bubbles, playing with the dogs, napping.

The best part of this past week was being around Kellen so much. He is starting to put words together and we got to witness lots of super cute phrases.
"Where it go?"
"Hi Guys!"
"Mimi go?"
"Mimi back"
"Need that"
"Want out"
"Ball go down"
"Oh no"
"I pooped"
He has never really refered to Steve and I by calling us but has recently started calling Steve, dada and me, mimi. Ever since he was sick a few weeks ago, he has been really clingy with me. I need to put him to sleep, he gets concerned when I leave, he wants me if he gets scared, etc. I feel so honored that he needs me : )
Kellen gets so excited when he gets to experience new things. He had so much fun all week and was ready to do anything. What a fun age to take on vacation. So excited for Hawaii this summer!

3 comments:

Connie Tamburini said...

So glad you had a good, relaxing time. Family time is the best! Isn't it?

Sweet Baby James said...

James had his big language explosion on a Spring Break vacation too-it made it extra memorable. I LOVE those anchor shorts so much. I still haven't pulled the trigger and ordered the red ones. I seriously have to now. And then Mac and Kellen can have a playdate and wear them together :) and on said playdate, they can have a bean eating contest. My money is on Mac. Looks like a great Spring Break trip. I hope you are nice and relaxed going back into the final stretch of the school year!

Lacey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! I love the picture of you and Kellen on the picnic blanket, you in the hat. Looks like your headed to a derby party, I love it! Frame it.