Monday, November 22, 2010

Turkey Bowl Tournament

Spent the weekend at the Arapahoe County Fairgrounds for a flyball tournament. Kellen has changed our tournament going experience but we're figuring it out. Steve was in charge of running the dogs and I helped out where I could while wearing Kellen. He did sooooo good and wore his ear protection without complaining and was content hanging out on me despite me running around. We had our pack n play there for diaper changes and playing. Kellen got to hang out with his flyball girlfriend, Abby on Saturday. She is 2 months older than him : )
Flyball tournaments are LOUD! We put some silicone ear plugs in Kellen's ears and he wore baby banz ear protectors. I still cannot believe he wore them all weekend. They made his cheeks stick out, sooooo cute.
Kona never makes the blog anymore because she doesn't ever come near Kellen or the camera so I tortured her and made her pose with her newest flyball bling.
Kona's team placed 1st Saturday and 2nd Sunday. Trinity ran fast as usual with her team. It was a successful weekend playing with the dogs. Our next tournament will be in February, we'll have to see if Kellen continues to be so cooperative.
I am soooo looking forward to this 2 day week. Steve and I both have Wed-Fri off. Kellen is getting his 6 month pictures taken Saturday and has his 6 month check up Monday. Oh yea, and Thanksgiving dinner twice!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear Kellen did so well at the tournament. The ear muffs are great. He didn't even mind having them on. That's amazing! Glad to hear Kona and Trinity did so well. :)

Sweet Baby James said...

Those baby ear phones are way too cute! Glad he is a trooper for fly ball, I am sure there will b a lot in his future!

Jenny said...

Way to go Tonia- I am SO happy to see that Kellen has ear protection! I LOVE it! He is a cutie-pie.