Monday, September 27, 2010
4 Month Check Up
No pictures but lots to report. Kellen had his 4 Month well baby check up this morning. He weighs 18lbs 13oz (97th percentile) and is 27 in long (also 97th percentile). His head is in the 50th percentile. The doctor said that usually breastfed babies go down on the growth charts after 4 months so we'll see what happens. We were given the go ahead to start spoon feeding. The doctor recommended fruits, veggies, cereal, and even meat (seems like all the "experts" have a different opinion about what should be introduced first). I'm not in any hurry to start feeding Kellen solids so we'll play it by ear. I would rather wait until he's closer to 6 months but I may start making and freezing some food now. My biggest question was whether or not to stop our early morning feeding and we were told that it is fine to let Kellen sleep so we'll start working on cutting that feeding out of our routine and Kellen will start spending the whole night in his crib. Kellen is sleeping off his shots now and then we'll take advantage of my day off to run some errands and take the dogs for a walk. This week will be challenging as I have conferences and will work 13 hour days Wednesday and Thursday. Steve will be taking off work early and bringing Kellen to me so I can feed him during some of my breaks. Hopefully we can keep some sort of routine going but I'm not looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a big boy! He is bigger than James was at 1 year, but his head is much smaller than James' ever was :-) I can't wait to see how this new baby compares, I want one with some chunk on it this time around! Making baby food was fun and easy for me. They are on purees such a short time that I really think I only did 2 big marathon baby food making days and froze it and that got us through until he was on all table foods. Check out the website wholesomebabyfood.com it has some good ideas and recipes.
What a big, healthy boy! I hope he still does well with sleeping through the night in his own crib. Let us know how that works out.
Post a Comment