Thursday, June 3, 2010

Settling In

For all that are requesting more pictures, here they are. All I really have are pictures of a sleepy baby...he doesn't really do much : ) Things are great, we are enjoying his sleeping routine at night. We wake him up every 3 hours to eat and other than that he sleeps. I've started going on short walks with him and the dogs without my incision bothering me. The dogs could really care less about Kellen. Trinity shows some interest when he's making weird noises. The cats are the most upset. Higgins has tried laying on the recliner in Kellen's room, on the bouncy chair, and in the pack n play. Syndey likes the pack n play and the changing table. We've had lots of visitors and are expecting more. Both grandmas visit often of course. Katy and James came to visit us today, it was great seeing them. My dad and Deb get into town Saturday and my Grandma Givan and Grandma Clayburn get into town next week.
Higgins' new sleeping spot. We are actually trying to keep him off
Steve reading to Kellen
Trinity playing with her snake (it's not baby related but she was being cute)
Kellen patiently waiting on the bed for mommy to do her hair

Syndey checking him out
Kellen is so cute in his gigantic diapers. I'm so glad he fits into them already. We go through the 17 we have that fit in about a day and a half (we are using disposables at night or we would only last half a day!). I've just ordered 6 more so once he stops pooping every 2 seconds we should have plenty to last 2-3 days.

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Yay, so glad you posted more pics! He is SO cute, I am so glad I got to see him in person. I told my mom that if I could order a baby from a catalog, Kellen is exactly what I would order. He is perfect! You are a natural at being a mom, loved seeing the two of you today!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are adorable! I especially love the one on his tummy with his yellow diaper. Please keep the pictures coming. Everyone loves to see them. Everytime I come over to visit Kellen (and you guys too of course) I think how blessed I am to have such a loving, wonderful, family. Kellen is a lucky boy to have such great parents as you and Steve. Kellen is truly amazing!
Love,
Connie

The Icklers said...

I just checked the blog and there's a baby! Congratulations! I have so many things to say -- a.)Kellen is my absolute favorite boy name, so bravo! b.) your dogs are super cute and they look like they could make their own frisbee team. I am super jealous because I always wanted a frisbee dog c.) I love the tiny cloth dipes! d.)I hope you are doing well after the c-section -- my first was a breech c-section too, so I feel for you.