We spent the weekend in Laramie, WY for one of our favorite flyball tournaments of the year. I actually really like Laramie. The weather is always cooler, it's a a cute, small college town, and it's not too far of a drive. We were able to leave Denver pretty early Friday and arrived in time to have a nice dinner Friday night and let Kellen run around downtown Laramie. This was our first time having two kids at a flyball tournament and with both our dogs on the same team, it was totally overwhelming. I swear every time our dogs ran, Jae would start crying and Kellen held up racing twice by running into the racing ring while we were busy...whoops! But overall, Kellen really liked Wyoming, both kids slept well in the hotel, the dogs had fun, and I guess we did too! This is our trip as seen through my iphone...
Dinner at Altitude Brewery Friday. Jae was very into the paper on the table and then passed out as usual at restaurants.
There is a huge pedestrian bridge downtown that goes over a bunch of train tracks. Kellen was in heaven.
The hotel situation in Laramie is a little sketchy but Steve and I were the only uncomfortable ones, the kids did great.
Flyball is LOUD so both kids wore ear protection when around racing, we also had a setup away from the noise to play and eat. Kellen passed his time watching a Thomas movie on the ipad (over and over and over) and playing trains.
Mexican food for dinner Saturday night. Kellen ate his weight in beans.
Naptime for Kellen in the stroller.
Oh yea, we had the dogs there with us! I got one blurry shot of Kona.
Some recent milestones...Kellen did a great job going potty on big toilets all weekend. We had him in pullups and he only had a few accidents on Sunday. Our new, low pressure approach seems to be working. We also decided to move Jae into her crib Sunday night. I can't remember the last time she woke up at night (knock on wood) and since the pack n play was taken down we thought it was a good time to make the transition. She did great and was happy to be freed this morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment