Kellen was 2.5 years old on Sunday!
Not to be confused with his cousin Deaglan. I found these pictures from Christmas 2009 and see a slight resemblance between them.
Some things to remember about Kellen at 2.5:
Kellen is talking more and more everyday. He does a pretty good job communicating with us. He hasn't been able to say his "s's" but this past week started a lisp and is getting the s sound out. Hopefully the lisp is a short lived thing while he learns all of his sounds. Kellen will sing along to many of the songs on my ipod. He also likes to sing the ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, and Wheels on the Bus.
Kellen is a very tall kid. He is towering over most of the 3 year olds at school. He is wearing 3T sized clothing comfortably and I'm worried they aren't going to make it through the winter. He is a great eater when he likes what we are having. His favorite foods are burritos, mac and cheese, and pizza. He consumes plenty of yogurt, milk and cheese on a daily basis. Many nights he goes to bed without dinner because he doesn't like what I make but will atleast try most everything and doesn't complain about being hungry later.
Kellen is sleeping in his crib with a toddler rail. He will sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and need to be rocked to sleep, something will we need to break him of eventually. He sleeps with his dinosaur blanket and his zebra. We are in the process of buying new furniture and getting him into his big boy room before the baby is born.
Kellen loves to read, especially with daddy. His favorite books are the Gold Bug Book, Pig Kahuna, any Llama Llama book, But No Elephants, and Good Night Construction Site. Kellen also loves to play on the ipad. He has some games on it that he is very good at playing but also likes to watch cartoons while I exercise or while we are at agility with the dogs. His favorite cartoons are Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Chuggington, and Dinosaur Train. He can sing along to the theme songs of all three, which is a little scary and probably doesn't say much for how often we let him watch them.
Kellen is getting really good at counting to 10. He knows his colors but can be lazy about recalling them correctly. He doesn't have much interest in coloring or art projects. He is a typical boy and likes playing with trains, cars and legos.
I was hoping to work on potty training over winter break but I'm not sure that will work. Kellen will occasionally pee on his potty in the mornings after he wakes up but doesn't have any other interest and will not tell us when he has a dirty diaper. I guess time will tell but I hope to get him potty trained by the time we have the baby so that I don't have two in cloth diapers.
We are having so much fun with Kellen right now. While his stubborness can be frustrating and no one likes a whiny toddler, he is always surprising us with his memory, vocabulary, and playfulness. He is still so laid back compared to others his age and we are thankful for that!
1 comment:
I love that family pic! And Kellen looks positively ginormous!
Post a Comment