Sunday, February 12, 2012

Dinosaurs!

In an attempt to cram for my upcoming fossils unit at work, we went to the Museum of Nature and Science this morning. When we walked in, Kellen said "Whoa" and got really excited. We went to see the new Snakes and Reptiles exhibit first, which was pretty cool and then headed to the Dinosaurs. I hardly took any pictures because I was too busy reading every word on every display wishing I had a better memory and Steve was busy chasing Kellen around, trying to keep him from joining the Dinosaurs in the exhibits. The few pictures I have are not great but they prove we were there. I forsee spending many hours here this summer - a membership is going to be a must.

 One of the biggest misconceptions I had becoming a parent was that I was NOT going to have a picky eater. My child was going to eat everything I put in front of him. HA! Whatever, I was beyond wrong. My baby that would scarf down kale, potato, green bean puree or roasted beet and quinoa puree will now only eat dairy products, pasta, bread, beans, tortillas, apple sauce, anything with sugar, and any crap they give him at school. Of course, I'm not worried about his overall health, he clearly is eating enough. I just struggle because I refuse to make two dinners everynight. Most nights Kellen goes to bed without dinner because he refuses to eat what we eat. I am noticing that I am now fixing dinners that I think Kellen might eat which means Steve and I are eating more pasta and cheese than we are used to and I think our waistlines are showing it.
 Tonight, I was going to take back dinner. I made pork tenderloin and roasted veggies for Steve and I. To get Kellen to eat the same dinner, I minced some pork, potatoes, and asparagus, rolled it in a tortilla and topped it with a ton of mozzarella cheese. He did eat some of it but in the picture below, you can tell he dissected the "burrito" first and mostly just ate tortilla and cheese. Oh well.

1 comment:

Lacey said...

Hilarious picture of his cheese smile while eating! Cheese and carbs are a huge hit at our house as well!