Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Last Day of Summer

I realize it's not really the last day of summer but for our family, it might as well be. Kellen and I spent the morning at the zoo with Lacey, Audrina, and Auggie. We had a good time exploring the zoo. I spent my afternoon the same way I spent many afternoons this summer...trying to get Kellen to take a nap. It never did happen and I was very happy to pass him onto Steve so I could get my hair done tonight. Is it bad that I am looking forward to Kellen's lack of naps being day care's problem now???
(above) Kellen with the grizzly bears. (below) Kellen helping push Auggie in his wagon.
What a great summer we have had. I can't believe how much we have traveled and how busy we have been. My time off has gone by fast but I have really enjoyed spending time with Kellen and feel lucky that the three of us have been able to do so much together. I am very apprehensive about this school year. There is so much change going on in my building...new principal, new teachers, new curriculum (What, I'm not longer teaching "life science"??!!! Why wasn't I consulted first??!! The last time I learned anything about fossils was in elementary school!!), oh and let's not forget a pay cut. I will stay positive as I sit through my day of meetings tomorrow and will hope for an amazing group of students : )

3 comments:

Sweet Baby James said...

Glad we were able to see you guys some this summer, sounds like you definitely made the most of your time off. I wish I could make my kid's sleep daycare's problem ;-P Good luck tomorrow, I will be thinking about you!

Connie Tamburini said...

You sure have had a busy, fun filled summer. I'm so happy you are able to have the summers off to do all that you do. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow and the rest of the week being back in your school routine. Good luck with the new school year! I'm sure you'll do great!

Lacey said...

We had so much fun yesterday. No naps for either of my kids yesterday too, ugh! I bet Kellen will be an angle sleeper for daycare.