Sunday, February 7, 2010

It's a Start...

It's been awhile since I posted some before and after pictures. We've pretty much redone the whole house now but I did find this nice picture of the baby's room before we moved in. I should point out that all of the posters were put up with staples and drywall anchors so there was lots of prep work to be done before Steve could paint.

Here's the baby's room so far. Steve put 2 coats on the ceiling, 2 coats on the trim/doors, 2 coats of green on the walls, repainted the closet (a first for this house, no one ever look in our closets!), and replaced all of the outlets. We got new wood blinds for the window and put up the curtains. The carpet is also new. We had fans installed in all the upstairs bedrooms when we first moved in. Now we're waiting for the furniture to come in and we've registered for all of the bedding and accessories. Sledding! Last weekend we went to the condo with Joe, Beth, and Pierce. While Steve and Joe were snowboarding Amy, Kris, Kenedy, and Tucker came up to do some sledding. I guess one nice thing about all of the trees dying is that they cleared a very nice space on the mountain to play in the snow. Trinity, Kona, and Leo were huge helps to Kris and Kenedy sledding and boy did they have fun. Trinity ate so much snow that on our drive home (over 2 hours from Silverthorne, yuk!) she started whining. We pulled over in Downieville too late and the back end of my car was filled with pee. Thank goodness for rubber car liners! In other news baby news (because my dad always bugs me!)...I'm 25 weeks now. I went the the doctor a few weeks ago. I'm measuring a week ahead of what I actually am but that is pretty consistent with the entire pregnancy and the doctor says its normal. After gaining a steady 3 lbs a month I finally jumped to 7 lbs last month. My doctor assured me that was normal and good. I have my glucose test at my next appointment in a few weeks and then have to get my Rh neg shot in March. We also finished registering at Babies R Us and Land of Nod (www.landofnod.com).

No comments: